Upgrading from Legacy (finally): Internal links changed to web links

I'm one of the Legacy holdouts😄.  Finally upgrading now that it is being phased out.  When I switched to the current version, my internal links (thousands!) all changed to web links.  I've started the slow, tedious process of changing them back to internal links one by one as I use them.  I prefer to stay in the desktop app if I'm using it, and not have notes open in separate browser windows.

I apologize if this an older issue (I do seem some references to in in 2022 and 2023 on a google search), but not really much discussion or any ways to avoid the change.

1. Is this intended behavior? (Or did I miss an option to keep internal links during the upgrade process)

2. Is there an 'en masse' method to revert those internet links back to their original internal link - I know how to change it back, link by link, but it is a pain.

Thanks!

Lloyd 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, lgconnelly said:

1. Is this intended behavior? (Or did I miss an option to keep internal links during the upgrade process)

It is not intended behavior, and you didn’t miss an option.  I see comments about this issue when copying links and it was from folks trying to use both Legacy and v10 in parallel.  It seems maybe related to a registry setting.  Try uninstalling both Legacy, if that is still installed, and v10 using Revo/Appcleaner.  Don’t use the regular uninstaller.  Revo/Appcleaner will do a better job in removing all of the bits and pieces than the built in uninstaller.  Then download directly from the Evernote website and try reinstalling.

• Like 2