Reveal encrypted content "tip" freezes application

Clicking on encrypted content now pops up a tip that says:

You can now edit this encrypted block of text without permanently decrypting it first.

And this tip must be closed before you can do virtually anything else in the app.

This has a minor problem that it adds a lot of friction to using the reveal feature because it requires extra clicking for a frequently accessed feature.

But this also reveals a major bug because in a note with multiple encrypted entries, the tip always appears next to the first entry. In a multi-page note that can mean that the tip is off-screen when an encrypted entry lower-down in the note is clicked for reveal. Unfortunately scrolling (and most other function) is disabled when this tip is open, which can mean it's not possible to get back up to the tip and close it and as a result the app is simply frozen until you kill / reload.

I've observed similar behavior in Windows app 10.77.3 and the web application in Chrome.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable these awful "tips" or any other way to fix this issue?

2024-02-27 11_46_14-Clipboard.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am on 10.78.2 and I still get the blue pop up every time; making it not worth using! On Windows 11 laptop. Check for updates says I am up to date.

Windows 10 PC is fine but is on v10.79.3

• Level 5*

Hi.  "Check for..."  looks for your place in the update queue.  Download from Evernote.com and install manually to get 10.80.2 which (as of midday today for me) is the latest,  latest version...

Plus encryption is basic and applies to text only - no images,  tables etc.  Easier to attach an encrypted file to a note.

I am on 10.80.3 and have the same problem when trying to access multi-section encrypted text blocks within Evernote. Upon attempting to reveal the encrypted content, a pop-up screen appears, but it seems to be positioned off-screen. This makes it impossible for me to click the "X" button to close the pop-up and proceed with viewing the encrypted text. 

Are there any guidance or solutions to this problem?