Group Tasks by Notebook

I am trying to find a way to group my tasks, ideally by Notebook. I've been searching for a notebook app that I'm able to take notes in but easily create a to-do list out of items quickly in a meeting. Then, I would like to be able to have a page where all of my to-do items are summarized quickly (and linked back to the notes) where I can check tasks off. The one thing that seems to be missing in Evernote is the ability to group tasks by Notebook (in my case by project) so I can focus on a set of tasks by project. Is this feasible and am I missing something?

Thanks all

• Level 5*

Hi.  All you need to do is create your tasks as separate notes in your project notebook.  Use a standard icon like 🔸 in the title and you can find all of your tasks immediately.  Use different icons for personal vs work,  or different types of task.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, cjjones093 said:

I am trying to find a way to group my tasks, ideally by Notebook.

The tasks overview does most of what you want but can only group tasks by note rather than notebook. I agree with @gazumped that the best approach is to include some project identifier in the note title - you can have as many tasks as you like in the note. The filter in the tasks overview finds text in note titles as well as in the actual task provided you are on the notes tab.

image.png.94a312e55a345d24e155ee4950365d9e.png