Issues with Search in the EN IOS app ver. 10.77.0

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I have been having issues with the Evernote Search feature in my IOS app in version 10.77.0 and the immediately previous version.  I am using an iPhone 13 Pro with IOS 17.2.1.

The issue is:

I can do a Search one time and get a good result.  If I attempt to do a 2nd search after either clearing the search field or restarting search from another place in the app, then I DO NOT get any search results.  In order to restore the ability to Search I have to force stop the app and reopen the app.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
27 minutes ago, aFassas said:

to restore the ability to Search I have to force stop the app and reopen the app

Weird - have you tried uninstalling / powering off and back on / reinstalling?

On 2/24/2024 at 9:26 AM, gazumped said:

Weird - have you tried uninstalling / powering off and back on / reinstalling?

Gazumped,

I was so hoping that IOS app development had gotten past the growing pains where version updates and/or the stored data following the update would require the uninstallation and reinstallation of an app and its data.  Indeed following your suggestion has restored by beloved Evernote version 10.77.0 to working order; Search now works time after time again, and some of the notes that seemed that they did not want to load/open are now working flawlessly.

During the 1st app open there were multiple information screens that informed me that the database was being updated.

Thanks again for reminding me to not leave your suggested step out of my troubleshooting toolbag.

• Like 1