Notes will not load on my iPad

The notes will not load on my iPad. I see the wheels spinning and loading, but the notes will never load. I tried every troubleshooting method - restart device, restart app, re login, delete app and reinstall, get latest update, etc. Can anyone help with this?

I've been a customer since 2013 and I didn't even care how much I'm paying. But since the product stops working on my main device (iPad), I am now considering transferring to a different platform. 

On a side note, I don't care about all the new features. I just want the presentation mode back that was removed years ago. That's the reason I became a loyal customer and I've been waiting and hoping that feature comes back.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in that I had this issue repeatedly on and off for the last year. Could never find a fix, no troubleshooting would work, and technical support from Evernote was useless, asked for a log file which I provided and their response was to make sure my iOS was up to date, which it was, and then they closed the ticket as resolved. Went through that several times before I started exporting notes to OneNote.

Do you use an iPhone as well or just iPad? This problem would periodically just resolve itself for me with seemingly no input or update being the cause for resolution, but whenever it would come up again it would always affect both devices for me - it always seemed like an account-specific problem, not device specific, which I was never able to make any sense of.

• Level 5

If an app is not working, the procedure on any iOS device is this:

Quit the app. Uninstall it, dump all data if asked.

Now make a forced (!) restart of the device.

When it is back on, go to the AppStore and install the app. Open, log in.

Should work now.

And when this doesn’t work after several attempts?

I opened multiple tickets with support, providing logs, Evernote version numbers, iOS and iPadOS version numbers, history and description of this problem, and each time support emailed me back saying that I should check for updates and that I was welcome to submit a log if it continued and then closed the ticket as resolved. This is a problem that I have posted about in these forums on and off for the last year, and when it has come up for me it has affected all of my apple devices at once, it has never been device specific, but support has very clearly not even read the tickets that I’ve put in before they just closed them all as resolved.

Also, although this problem would periodically go away with seemingly no input, even if these troubleshooting steps worked I’m not willing to keep investing more and more money into a platform that I have to reinstall on every device every 6-8 weeks because this has kept happening. I refuse to blame operating system errors when Evernote is the only piece of software that I use that has any of these chronic stability issues. I don’t have to log out of, uninstall, force restart, and reinstall any of my other apps but for the last 9 months or so that has been the norm for me trying to troubleshoot recurring problems with this app

• Level 5

Did you try uninstall followed by a FORCED restart ?

The difference is that it cleans out parts of the devices memory which a regular uninstall or restart can’t reach. It sets the RAM assignment done by iOS back to square number one.

You can tell with a lot of words what you did and that you are tired to do anything more. Which is understandable, but won’t help solve anything.