unsynced notes gone after update!!!!

please help!  i noticed that some notes werent syncing.  i was told to check for upgrades to evernote, so i upgraded, and the notes that werent syncing are now gone!  anyway to retrieve them?  please help!

thank you!

• Level 5

An update can delete unsynced content. Unsynced means not saved on the server. Depending on the client, it may be the new, updated client looses track of unsynced content.

Always sync before updating a client

To tell more, we need to get more information about the platform and client.

im using the windows PC version.  version 10 i believe.  turns out i downloaded Evernote Legacy and can see my old notes again!!!

what is legacy?  just an older version of Evernote???

• Level 5*

Hi.  Legacy is an old, outdated version of Evernote that will stop working within months at best.  When you upgrade from the old version to the new you are warned that 'local notes' - which are not (and never have been) synced to the server - need to be synced,  and the update will help you do that.  Because the new version coding is very different from the old one,  it may take a little while for it to show all your original notes.  But because the old version is being phased out I'd recommend that you update again carefully and convert all your notes to the new format.

oh wow, didnt know that.  well since my legacy is syncing properly now, i opened up the new version, which is .....

10.76.2-win-ddl-public (20240214093250)
Editor: v176.53.0
Service: v1.92.0
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

everything syncing properly on that one now.  i noticed that in this version, things sync pretty immediately between my PC and my phone.  

• Level 5

Correct, the syncing was fundamentally changed last year. Legacy synced a full note, v10 since last year only syncs the tiny changes to a note.

Good your issue could be solved.

If you run into issues, always post the information about platform and client. It makes for better, quicker answers.