A recent glitch? 8 year restriction when editing the CREATED DATE

Go to solution Solved by bmcl26,

• Level 5

Current Evernote version: 10.75.2-win-ddl-public

I have 42,127 notes - they are all sorted by the CREATED DATE. 

I came across some medical history in a file cabinet dated October 23, 2008. I typed it into Evernote today and tried updating the CREATED DATE. I used Ctrl+Shift+I to access the NOTE INFO.

Today is 2024 but I cannot edit the CREATED DATE year older than 2016. (the 8 year restriction)

I have been able to adjust the CREATED DATE date many times. Usually, I only have to change it a few days or weeks - doctor appts for example. I just made some CREATED DATE changes this month before the latest version update. To be honest, I don't have to change the year often. 

In the past, the CREATED DATE could easily be edited for any year. The years would scroll. But now they are locked at 8 years. For example - one of my genealogy records in Evernote is dated 1718 (correct), but if I test it, the earliest possible year is 1710. (8 years)

Is this a version glitch? or is it a design restriction?

Screen_Capture_-_Feb_16__10_24_AM.png

• Solution

Yes you can click on the year at the top i.e 2016 and it will display the previous years, you need to repeat this to get back further I have notes with Creation dates back as far as  1983.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Likely a design restriction - an arbitrary limit to displaying created date options.  Maybe create a 'template' note with  older year created dates if you need it often?

• Thanks 1