Is it possible to password-protect specific notes or notebooks in Evernote?

davidjohn87

Idea

Hello Evernote community,

I hope you're all doing well. I've been using Evernote extensively to organize my personal and sensitive information. However, I have a concern regarding the security of specific notes or notebooks that contain confidential data. Is there a way to password-protect these specific notes or notebooks in Evernote? I want to ensure that only authorized individuals can access them and add an extra layer of security to my confidential information. If anyone has encountered a similar need or has found a solution to this issue, I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on how to achieve this. Thank you in advance for your help!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote only provides encryption for plain text - no images,  tables or bullets - so is good for 'phone numbers,  passwords or addresses,  but not much else.  Attachments however often have their own encryption options - most documents and spreadsheets have password protection and various levels of restriction from read-only to full edit and copy rights.  It's best to use third-party software to generate encrypted documents and attach them to notes. 

If you're sharing content,  you may also be interested in Postach.io - which will allow you to create and maintain one or more web-based "blogs" based on notes in selected notebook(s).  Postach.io also includes a password-protected access option.

• Like 1

I too am interested in this. I am teetering on using apple notes or EN because of security. I can set up Advanced Data Protection on apple and no one but me can see my data. even if apple is hacked. Wish there was something like this here. I've read the Security policy but I'm just not sure how protected my sensitive documents really are. Not even sure how to find out.