I'm done

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

I'm done using Evernote. I just can't take it anymore. I've used it for several years and I love it. There is no better note taking app. So why won't I use it anymore? The CONSTANT ads!!!! Do I want to upgrade to premium? No, don't show this again. Everytime I log on, I am prompted to upgrade. It's so tiring. I've written so many notes and I can't even write anymore because I don't have premium. Somehow they've monetized writing notes. And I don't even mind! Honestly! It's just that I am so tired of the CONSTANT harassment to upgrade. Well you lose Evernote. I'm exporting and copying all of my notes to a new note taking app or even just some document files on Google drive or something. I'm done. Did you know you can use Google drive for note taking, for free? You've lost a long time user. Bye

How is me using the free service at your expense though? It doesn't impact you at all... Evernote was sold recently and has been going downhill. Plenty of free alternatives that are not as outdated. Such as Joplin. Free, open source, 

• Haha 2
Just now, mackid1993 said:

Evernote wins actually. One less free user wasting server space and bandwidth.

This isn't an online gaming server. How many times have you lagged while typing a note? 

• Like 1
Just now, craig3637472 said:

How is me using the free service at your expense though? It doesn't impact you at all... Evernote was sold recently and has been going downhill. Plenty of free alternatives that are not as outdated. Such as Joplin. Free, open source, 

Evernote costs money to develop and run. Those of us who pay for the service fund that development and those who store thousands of notes for free benefit from what we paid for. The free lunch is over.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, craig3637472 said:

This isn't an online gaming server. How many times have you lagged while typing a note? 

It is that long ago I can't really remember, although it was around the time the new Sync started, there was a few seconds delay before each note was updated.

• Level 5
  • Solution
1 hour ago, craig3637472 said:

I'm done using Evernote. I just can't take it anymore. I've used it for several years and I love it. There is no better note taking app. So why won't I use it anymore? The CONSTANT ads!!!! Do I want to upgrade to premium? No, don't show this again. Everytime I log on, I am prompted to upgrade. It's so tiring. I've written so many notes and I can't even write anymore because I don't have premium. Somehow they've monetized writing notes. And I don't even mind! Honestly! It's just that I am so tired of the CONSTANT harassment to upgrade. Well you lose Evernote. I'm exporting and copying all of my notes to a new note taking app or even just some document files on Google drive or something. I'm done. Did you know you can use Google drive for note taking, for free? You've lost a long time user. Bye

Just FYI, if you really want to tell Evernote that they are losing you: feedback@evernote.com. The forums are user-to-user; Evernote is not here to hear you. Of course, if you just wanted to vent where lots of people could hear you, whether it would do you or them any good at all, that succeeded.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, craig3637472 said:

Seriously nobody cares here if you leave or stay.

End.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1