Evernote 10.74.1 super slow, even with a new account

I know this issue has been discussed multiple times and I've followed in the instructions there. Namely, full uninstall (eg App Cleaner), reboot, download the latest Evernote.

However, it hasn't made any difference. I thought it's perhaps that I have 10k+ notes. But, even after creating a new Evernote account, the mac client is still exceedingly slow.

I'm on a Macbook Pro 16-inch, 2019.

Any ideas?

• Level 5

No. I run it on 3 Macs, one of them a MBP 15" i7 (2018). It is snappy on all three. It always was well usable, but the last releases made it faster than before. Especially operations on multiple notes got accelerated a lot.

If the full uninstall doesn't help, there must be an additional factor. What does the Activity Monitor tell about CPU and RAM usage ? If it starts swapping, this will slow it down considerably, even on a fast SSD.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What does the Activity Monitor tell about CPU and RAM usage ? If it starts swapping, this will slow it down considerably, even on a fast SSD.

RAM is fine, no swapping.

CPU spikes above 100% every now then.

image.thumb.png.e61e57934ab07a138be1e99e3016604f.png

And, in Developer Tools, I see that a Keydown event took 300ms!

image.thumb.png.14e3009bab1ba36f8d4c28271c13da74.png

I also had slow response time issues after updating my version of Evernote. 
The app ran slower than usual for a couple of days while the system processed all of my 18,000+ notes.
After that, Evernote's run faster than ever. 

Another incredible speed enhancement that worked for me was:
- ditching my iMac 2015's slow hard disk drive, and 
- replacing it with a 1TB Toshiba solid state drive.

Before the upgrade, Evernote ran so slow on my computer that I only got productive using Evernote online.