Basic subscription isn't what it says it is

According to Evernote's website, a basic plan allows for 1 notebook and 50 notes. I have 1 notebook and 17 notes but every time I try create a new note I get a pop up saying I'v reached my limit. Why? I haven't even reached half my limit.

I've been using Evernote happily for 10 years and now this... It feels like updates are forcing me into paying where I shouldn't be required to. 

I have now had to unnecessarily subscribe to a monthly 12,99 Euro plan...

@EverNote fix your Basic plan to adhere honestly to what it says it provides and issue me with a refund, please.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, david.a.deklerk said:

paying where I shouldn't be required to

You're demanding a free service?  Try that with your local grocery store.

1. You probably have notes in your Trash folder,  or more than one notebook which was stopping you access the free service.
  2. Even if you had no access to create a new note,  you can still see and edit your existing ones - you could always use a different free service for new material
  3. Evernote would prefer that you pay for the services you are using - as would I,  because as a subscriber I'm paying for your free ride
  4. If you paid and wish to reclaim the payment you should contact Evernote direct - we're mostly users here.
  5. https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new
  • Like 1

There is nothing that indicates EN Free is meant just as a trial. Quite the opposite. On ENs website you can read about trials: "Unless otherwise specified, free trials of Evernote last for 14 days." , "You can try Teams free for 30 days", etc... But EN Free is presented as free and without any time limitations.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Sure it has no time limitation. So fine: We now advise to spend the rest of your digital life in a single notebook with 50 notes. Generous use - one note per week, for a year.

I think it is more honest to tell people who want to use an app for free to go watching elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1