Evernote Helper on Mac switches desktops

Not sure if I'm missing something, but when I try to use Evernote Helper on my Mac it invariably switches to another desktop, which is not helpful at all, since I can no longer use the screen capture.

I'm pretty sure it didn't always do that because I've used Evernote on Mac with multiple desktops for years. But, I can't see anywhere in settings to change it. 

What am I missing here, is it a new feature - would be just like Evernote to "fix" something I love to my detriment - or a bug or am doing something stupid I can't see?

TIA

Edited by Sharon P
Accidentally hit save prematurely. or something?
  • Level 5

It‘s correct, I could reproduce the problem.

I found no real systematic answer why it switches to a specific desktop. But it usually does - which doesn’t allow screenshots on all other desktops.

Without the posting I would not have realized it. I use Shottr for screenshots - so the EN helper screenshots are not my to-go tool to snap something.

• Like 2
On 1/18/2024 at 1:09 AM, PinkElephant said:

It‘s correct, I could reproduce the problem.

I found no real systematic answer why it switches to a specific desktop. But it usually does - which doesn’t allow screenshots on all other desktops.

Without the posting I would not have realized it. I use Shottr for screenshots - so the EN helper screenshots are not my to-go tool to snap something.

Thanks for the confirmation it's not just me, sometimes I wonder! I wish Apple Notes could compete with Evernote but it's not even close. Guess I'll just keep muddling through. Until the next cool thing Evernote breaks as it raises its price higher and higher and higher. This is beginning to feel like an abusive relationship.