Getting the 50% Discount offer for existing users

Hello everyone, 

I am fairly new to forums so please take it easy!

I notice there is a 50% offer, it it is not clear if it is for new users or existing users.

I tried and cannot seem to work out how to apply it and while it does not state explicitly, I am beginning to think it is for "new users." 

Not one to be deterred:
Can I cancel current subscription and sign up again, would that work and has anyone done it?

With thanks, 

Azkar

• 2 weeks later...

are they instantly giving out discounts upon cancellation or do you have to wait for a separate email/notif? 

For the 40% discount, if you head to Account Billing and cancel your renewal, it should appear right before the confirmation prompt. If it doesn't appear (I'm sorry) then you should be able to reverse your cancellation decision as well.

At any rate, your subscription privileges will run its full 1 year course, regardless if you have an active recurring payment for the next payment year.

As for the 50% and 60% discounts, those are only for accounts who have no active subscription plans. This includes both new accounts as well as accounts whose paid subscription have expired.

I have a subscription through Google Play Store and I am not able to manage my subscription directly via Evernote because of that. Goole Play still indicates the pre-increase price for my next subscription period, although I received the mail from Evernote announcing the price increase. It makes me wonder if it is just that the price increase hasn't been reflected yet on Google Play. So am undecided if it is a good idea to roll into the new subscription period hoping that I can continue with the pre-increase price. I doubt, I will be offered a discount when unsubscribing through Google Play (I can't manage my subscription through Evernote directly). 

Any experiences with unsubscribing via Google Play?

• Level 5

You need to unsubscribe to switch to another place to hold your subscription no matter where you hold your subscription now.

Since you usually don't get refunded, you can change your subscription at the end of the subscription period. Let the account drop to Free, once it is there you can switch to a different payment method.

I'm trying to use a coupon/discount code to get my subscription, but there's no place to enter the code. I'm afraid if I click the "Purchase Personal" button I'll get charged the full amount with no opportunity to enter the code. Am I missing something? 

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 11.13.34 AM.png