Wow - $70 to $130 price hike for personal accounts!?

Apparently this announcement got dumped into my spam folder so I just discovered it after my renewal was a whopping $60 higher (an 86% increase)... for pretty much the same features? I could understand this price point for a professional / business account but not for a personal account for a note-taking app.

I didn't think I'd be starting the year off looking for a new product and requesting a refund.

Any recommendations on alternatives? I'm not a huge fan of OneNote but it might be worth saving $60 each year.

• Level 5

No idea ... but I am always puzzled why a company should grant a refund when the responsibility for not learning about a price hike in time is clearly with the user. Not my understanding of how contracts are working, from user 2 user.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, jhilgeman said:

Any recommendations on alternatives? I'm not a huge fan of OneNote but it might be worth saving $60 each year.

Peruse the forum, there is a lot of discussion on alternatives.  There is no one best replacement.  It will depend on which platforms you use Evernote on, how you use it, and what is important to you.  I would suggest trying a few in addition to OneNote (I'm not a fan of that one either).

• Like 2