How to pin all my tasks and to-do lists which I have created?

Dear All,

I've been using Evenote for the last 10 years. However, I have the following question:  A notebook contains a lot of notes.
My question is how to put all my task lists into a folder called “Things to Do" and pin them in the menu on the left-hand side, or to create a default folder for all the tasks.

My other question is that I would like to see the menu expanded as a tree. For example, we can see that only the tags.
Now, I would like to see that in the notebooks and in all the tasks and to-do lists which I have created  

Any ideas, recommendations, or suggestions are more than welcome

evernote.png

• Evernote Expert

Thanks for your question. Please forgive me if I tell you things you already know. What you can achieve depends upon how you are recording your tasks. From the screen shot you shared I'm assuming you are using Evernote Tasks rather than Checklists.Tasks have a purple coloured circle to mark it completed. 

You point to the Things to Do Note in your settings. You seem to have this Note selected to be the default location for Tasks. That means that unless you choose differently a Task will be created and stored in that default Note.

As you will realise, you can create Tasks inside any note making the Note actionable.

The good news is that all Tasks are gathered up in a summary Tasks pop out which is located in the Evernote sidebar. This collates all the Tasks regardless of the Note they are located in. So this is where you can see all your Tasks. The pop out has several tabs depending on how you want to view them.

If you are using Checklists to gather your tasks then we'll have to talk further ;)

The thing to recognise is that Tasks are connected to a Note rather than a Notebook. If you want your Tasks in a single Notebook then you put each Note in a Notebook. But this really isn't a useful means of managing Tasks.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500003792141-Tasks-Overview

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick reply.
At first, I was looking for “things to do" to be visible on the menu bar on the left-hand side.
I’m looking for something like that: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500003792181
I created a stack called “Tasks/Things to Do" to change the default settings of the lists.
Unfortunately, I tried to change the “Things to Do" folder, but I can’t. 

evernote-tasks2.png

evernote-to-do-lists.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you explored Shortcuts,  Home screen widgets,  note links and Table of Content notes?  Depending on exactly what data you wish to display and how you arrange it,  you can pin notes,  filter contents (including by tasks),  and display shortcuts and tags on the  Home screen.  If that is insufficient,  you can create your own bespoke layout by saving a shortcut to a 'parent' note that itself contains links to further child or grandchild notes that themselves contain ToC lists on various topics.

Unfortunately a third party service called Filterize that would constantly maintain ToC notes with an 'automatic' search stopped operations in 2023,  so you would need to refresh a ToC manually on each use;  but it is possible to build a "mini website" within Evernote to display (more or less) anything you can imagine...

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, blerman13 said:

I’m looking for something like that: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500003792181

The Task view that this help page describes is exactly what is available in the Evernote desktop and mobile apps. You even found it as shown by your screen captures. So I'm not sure what else you seek.

• Like 1