Billing About to Lose a Loyal Customer

Billing:   I paid for an upgrade but the sign in account says I am still on Evernote free and wont let me add notes. And I can’t contact a human to demand a refund or get this fixed.  What is going on???  Evernote went from an awesome tool to totally awful in terms of getting help.  I am spending hours on something that should take minutes.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  Try signing out of Evernote and back in / powering your device off and on again to jump start the new account.  If you paid over the holidays it's entirely possible that the banks haven't transferred the funds to their accounts yet,  so updates might take a few days.  To yell at them or demand a refund (we're just other users here) you'll need to contact Support.   https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true - use the issue type "Account" (It may take some time for them to respond)

• Like 1

Thank you-- I actually renewed in November so this is just flabbergasting.  Paid in November and for a month haven't been able to use the app or to get a human to help me.  I am sort of flabbergasted by this new business model.  It seems as anti-customer as possible, and looking at the forum it appears a lot of folks who are okay with these changes have a technical expertise or comfort level I simply don't (PhD in English, technophile but not a gifted user).   I'll try the link  ... grrr.  Thanks again.  

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, EWG2024 said:

And I just noticed that here it lists me as a free subscriber but I have the invoice from November ... what in the actual world.  

The user ID that you used may be the wrong one for your subscription,  or if the document you have is only an invoice, maybe the payment method failed?  Did you pay Evernote direct or go via iTunes?  They're separate companies,  and may not have caught up with each other yet...  Don't panic - just talk to Support when you can!

• Like 1

Maybe not just caught up with each other, but is it possible that two separate accounts are at play here? Is it possible that a new account was created with the paid subscription instead of an in-place upgrade? There are a lot of different ways to sign in and a lot of different ways to pay so it's possible that some wires got crossed from the onset.

• Like 1