The option to export notebooks is not longer available on Mac Desktop

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Having the same problem - even foolishly upgraded to Professional specifically to solve this issue - and there is no right-click dialogue box with this function. There are 700+ notes in this book, making it nearly impossible to share as pdf with someone. 

• Level 5
  • Solution
7 hours ago, Wintergreenpq said:

The option to export a selected notebook no longer seems to be available on Mac desktop. Can anyone help?

Evernote screen shot.png

What you show is not the Mac desktop client.

It is a view from the web client, running in a browser. Export of notebooks is available in the installed desktop client.

17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What you show is not the Mac desktop client.

It is a view from the web client, running in a browser. Export of notebooks is available in the installed desktop client.

Thanks – I figured it out after posting. I didn't realize you couldn't export from a web browser, which is how I usually access Evernote. It's indeed available in the installed desktop client.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2023 at 4:39 AM, Emcee7 said:

Having the same problem - even foolishly upgraded to Professional specifically to solve this issue - and there is no right-click dialogue box with this function. There are 700+ notes in this book, making it nearly impossible to share as pdf with someone. 

Hi Emcee7 – I found the solution. The export option is only available by installing Evernote onto your Mac from the Apple Store. Once installed, you click on the 3 dots and you'll get the option. I've switched to Joplin – it's what Evernote used to be before they bloated it up with all kinds of ***** I don't need. And it's open source, so unlikely to ever get ruined by greed.