Finding a link

Hello, when I use a search bar and try to find a link that is placed in one of my notes, I face a problem that it cannot be found. For example, I want to find a note that have this link "https://www.cettire.com". If I type a word "cettire", it cannot be found but if I type in a search bar "www.cettire" or even "https://www.cettire", then it works fine. Why is this happing, can I fix it?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

• Evernote Expert

The standard search works from the left of a string.  So you need all the text in the search from the left end of the character string.

I think the AI Powered Search might overcome this.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2023 at 12:11 PM, agsteele said:

The standard search works from the left of a string.  So you need all the text in the search from the left end of the character string.

I think the AI Powered Search might overcome this.

Thank you for the answer.  AI Powered Search didn't help unfortunately. I tried to use different operators from Advanced search syntax and it didn't help either. It's very tedious to write from the begging of URL links. How do you think if there is another way to find a link by a word in the middle?

I'm slightly confused by this, but I have confirmed that it works the same for me. In the search grammar documentation it says:

Words in the content of the note are split by whitespace or punctuation. 

I read this as meaning that text strings are split up by white space or punctuation into individual words that can then be searched for. That clearly works for // but not for a period. Perhaps this is because periods can be used in abbreviations? As an experiment I replaced the periods with commas and it worked as expected.

Given the knowledge that a period is not used to split a word it is at least possible to construct the simplest possible search string. As an aside, you can filter notes for only those that contain a url.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I'm slightly confused by this, but I have confirmed that it works the same for me. In the search grammar documentation it says:

I read this as meaning that text strings are split up by white space or punctuation into individual words that can then be searched for. That clearly works for // but not for a period. Perhaps this is because periods can be used in abbreviations? As an experiment I replaced the periods with commas and it worked as expected.

Given the knowledge that a period is not used to split a word it is at least possible to construct the simplest possible search string. As an aside, you can filter notes for only those that contain a url.

That's very interesting. Thank you for this information, I'll keep it in mind.

• Like 1