Set default account for web clipper

Since Evernote forced separation of individual and business accounts I now have two evernote accounts (not really happy about that).  Webclipper can clip to either.  But I want to set business account as default.  Unfortunately it  always defaults to personal account and have to manually switch (90% of we clips are intended for business).  So how do I get the default to be my business account?  I can find no option for this or clear help article addressing this specific issue.  

• Level 5

It will always clip to the account you are logged in on the web clipper. The web clipper is independent from any client app accounts. I run several accounts, and it always sticks to the one I logged into last on the web clipper.

To clip into different accounts, a workaround would be to use 2 different browsers, and install the web clipper extension on both. They will work independently from each other. Like Chrome = business account, Firefox = Personal account.

The work around is not practical.  Evernote is the one that forced a separation of personal and business notebooks and I won't be forced to now work in two different browsers for personal and business use.  That's even less practical. It gives the option of adding a personal account at the bottom of the clipper.  Once I log into both account , they both show in the drop down menu at the bottom of clipper.  So I don't understand what you mean by "logged in".  If I switch to the one I want to use as my default and then do a clip, the next time I do a clip it still defaults to the personal account first and I have to remember to manually switch.                 

I haven't got multiple accounts so I can't test this, but in the list of shortcuts there is one for "account switch". Does that help? Might speed up the process, although I also think you should be able to choose your own default account.

image.png.75b2adc6cc15d40267ee349a7bb31a39.png

• Level 5

Sure you have to remember to manually switch. How should the web clipper guess which account you mean ?

About „forcing“ you to split accounts: First if you used Business / Teams alone, it was the wrong account to start with. Teams is always meant to organize several users under one roof, sharing content.

Second I wouldn’t have an admin of a Teams account having control over my Personal data.

The strict separation is the only legally possible way to handle commercial accounts while at the same time giving users a Personal space.

They could skip the Personal part altogether - I think it was introduced to make the transition from the old structure easier.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 13.12.2023 at 10:16, PinkElephant said:

Sure you have to remember to manually switch. How should the web clipper guess which account you mean ?

About „forcing“ you to split accounts: First if you used Business / Teams alone, it was the wrong account to start with. Teams is always meant to organize several users under one roof, sharing content.

Second I wouldn’t have an admin of a Teams account having control over my Personal data.

The strict separation is the only legally possible way to handle commercial accounts while at the same time giving users a Personal space.

They could skip the Personal part altogether - I think it was introduced to make the transition from the old structure easier.

Thanks for advice! I totally get the frustration with not being able to set a default account for the Web Clipper. It's something I've been hoping for too. By the way, I recently came across a neat solution on https://admiral-studios.com/ There's a handy browser extension called "Default Account for Web Clipper" by Admiral Studios that might do the trick. I gave it a shot, and it's been a game-changer for me. Check it out – it might just solve this little headache for you too!