Notebook export finish with an error

Go to solution Solved by Heart1010,

• Level 5*

Hi.  And Hmmn.  Not a helpful error. 

Please confirm your device,  OS and Evernote version and the size of your account in total notes and (if possible) disk size.  Does the drive you're exporting to have enough free space to hold the exported files plus any temporary storage required?

As a test,  please try to select and export a group of around 100 notes.  If that is successful,  it suggests that one or more of your notes in that notebook is corrupted in some way.  If so - depending on how many notes you have in each notebook - that could be the way to proceed.  Alternatively you could move groups of notes into temporary notebooks and export those.  (Tag notes with the name of the parent notebook so they can be assembled back together on completion).

One or more export of small groups will fail because it contains the corrupted note(s) - in that case please export half the group to try to find which notes are affected.

If you can resolve those notes,  copying the content into new notes might solve the issue.

• Solution

Ok - I got it working after several tries with a combination of 

- exporting notebooks in 300MB slices (300MB was the lowest I could set)
- but still my Inbox notebook couldn't be exported at all - here I could not set the slices - only a never ending spinner was shown

image.png.1cbcbc0ab6e597cd6dc86e1549c00068.png

- I tried then https://github.com/vzhd1701/evernote-backup - and with that python script I got all my notebooks exported

• Like 2