More bugs in Web Clipper/Safari/Mac

Besides the long-reported brain-dead "Smart filing feature" problem, an update came down 2 days ago, and now if I have not used the Clipper for some short period of time it quickly pops up a "login successful" box, then flips to another tab with its dialog box up - I Have to close it and go back to the correct tab and click it again. Also when not used for a little while, it changes settings - It moves my selection of "Smart filing" (glutton for punishment) to last used notebook, it changes my setting "Auto Close Clipper" to "Show successful clip dialog", it re-checks/turns on "Show Evernote Content....", and re-checks/turns on "Show Save to Evernote button".

I know the settings are correct because they work - until they stop working.

Please Evernote fix this clipper extension - it's very valuable and if it worked properly, sop much more so!

I know that. But consider this:

1) I have sent three reports of the Smart filing disaster in, it's been many month maybe even a year or more - no fix. Sending reports does not inspire confidence.

2) I post here in case others are having the same problem. Or so others might say they don't have the problem, or others might say they had the problem and they discovered something that fixed it.  Which leads to #3 then..

3) You always reply to problem reports like that @PinkElephant, so what is the purpose then of a forum titled "Possible Bugs/Technical Issues"?

If this is all we get in this forum what's the purpose...

• Level 5

PS - Feedback is not support, and goes to Product Management. This is what happens when I click the Feedback option in the Mac client, Help menu. The Apple Mail client opens, and offers me to send an email.

Conclusion: Something is bad with your install. Probably you use another email client, and this is not properly integrated. You can use the mail address as well. But the rules are different: Feedback will be read, but not answered. And it is thought for features, not for bugs.

image.png.7890970da9cfc10f1ba2615f9933e72a.png