My “split file size by” is greyed out

1.Just like in the video shown in the image, my  “split file size by” is also greyed out. Why is that?

2. when I am using the windows version of Evernote and I select multiple notes click export. During the  whole process, I do not see the total size of all the notes selected. How do I see the total size of all the notes selected? Is there a status bar I can turn on? I clicked View and there is no Status Bar option. So how to turn on status bar?

3 I just opened Evernote program on windows 10, and it says I am on the most updated version of Evernote. But after I close Evernote and open the Evernote program again, It says there is new version available. So why is that 30 second before it shows misted updated and now there is a new version?? I thought it is already most updated? Then I google the new version number and find out that even the new version available is also not most updated version. So why is that?

828AA17B-904D-4B47-902F-88D44EBC8F95.jpeg

• Level 5

1) Installed from the store, instead of the direct download ? If in doubt, this usually explains a lot.

2) Why does it bother you what size of notes you have selected for export ? Just export, and check the size of the resulting file.

3) Updates using the update checker (or the automatic update) are „staged“ since eons - this means not all users get the update notification the same time. This protects the server against being overloaded. The only way to have the latest version for sure is by manually downloading the installer from the EN website.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, Pichuuu said:

Why you ask me install from store? Do you mean from Microsoft store? I just want to know why “split file size by is greyed out for the current Evernote windows version I am using.

I have asked whether you have installed from a Store, or directly. I didn't ask you to do anything.

Currently I would go with the idea posted by @Dave Green - sounds logical.

• Like 1