Hoe werkt de ENEX precies?

• Met Evernote kan je op dit moment maximaal 100 notities of hele notitieboeken exporteren.

Stel dat een notitieboek (veel) meer dan 100 notities bevat, wat gebeurt er dan als ik dat notitieboek naar ENEX exporteer? 

Neem als voorbeeld mijn DATA SCIENCE notitieboek: dat bevat meer dan 20000 notities ! Wat gebeurt er als ik dat notitieboek exporteer naar ENEX? Gebeurt er dan niks, of worden dan alle (> 20000 ) notities uit dat notitieboek ge-exporteerd? Dat laatste wil ik zeker niet! Hooguit 100 geselecteerde notities uit dat notitieboek (bijvoorbeeld handmatig geselecteerd of geselecteerd door een filter geselecteerd. Probleem: het filter kan wellicht geen rem op het aantal geselecteerde notities zetten? Wat dan ?

• Level 5*
On 11/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, STT1 said:
  • Evernote currently allows you to export up to 100 notes or entire notebooks.

Suppose a notebook contains (many) more than 100 notes, what happens if I export that notebook to ENEX? 

Take my DATA SCIENCE notebook as an example: it contains more than 20,000 notes! What happens if I export that notebook to ENEX? Does nothing happen, or are all (> 20000) notes from that notebook exported? I certainly don't want the latter! At most 100 selected notes from that notebook (for example manually selected or selected by a filter). Problem: the filter may not be able to limit the number of selected notes? What then?

Hi.  Go to the Notebooks page in V10.  Look for the three dots menu to the right hand side.  Choose 'export notebook'.

• Level 5

For everybody with very large notebooks: Fine, it means you are using them in a reasonable way, relying probably on tags to organize things.

It just can create a problem when you export the notebook, and try to import it again. Why ? Because of the upload limit. 

An ENEX export can only be imported as a whole. It will create a new notebook in the account, and in this notebook will be all notes. If the ENEX file is close to or above 10GB (or 20GB for Professional or Teams), creating all that will upload, until it hits the upload limit. Then the account will be practically closed for 30 days, only allowing "Read Only" access.

So check your ENEX file sizes. There is an option to split the export file in chunks - use it !

image.thumb.png.6084b2e0c6c681b5d11ba6ee5e61764b.png