Anything new about bringing back sorting by tags?

Pierre Menard

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  You've posted in Feature Requests so I guess we'll see how many others are interested in seeing this.  Searching or filtering by tags is pretty flexible,  and there's also AI search now - can you explain in more detail why this feature is so important to you?

Hello, you can search the forum and you will find already plenty of references to this issue, I am just trying to get an update to assess the status of the request.

It is not about searching, it is about sorting.

Any 'status' related set of tags can profit from a sorting feature (for example, GTD based workflows). Likewise, anything associated to a stages in a process (stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and so on.) By simply sorting by Tags you would easily see how far you are in a given process for a any given item (a contact, an order, whatever).

Simple, but highly efficient, believe me, I use it all the time.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Pierre Menard said:

I am just trying to get an update to assess the status of the request.

There is no 'status' - suggestions and requests made here get filtered through to Evernote - we're mainly other users here in the forums. 

Evernote will take the information and merge it with the feedback they get from all their other social channels,   upcoming work schedules and ongoing R&D projects,  and may put it somewhere on their roadmap for the future.  The roadmap is not public information.

Other than major upgrades like AI search Evernote doesn't generally pre-announce new features unless and until they're released.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Pierre Menard said:

To clarify, this is not a new feature I am talking about, it was always there until recently. 

If you were using the Legacy app,  sorting a listing by tags was and is still possible.  In v10,  which has been around for 3 years now,  it has never been possible.