Windows server 2022 - cpu usage

• Level 5

I doubt that the client is build to be run on a server.

It is the front end of a cloud service, and a local server is not it's natural environment.

On my Mac the desktop version takes a few percent of CPU when idle, and between 10-20% while in use.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Evernote has clients, based on the Electron framework, and is build to run on desktop computers. It is NOT build to run on a server platform. Just the opposite, it is always using it’s own cloud server for syncing and other tasks.

Maybe it can technically be installed on a Windows server, but I doubt it’s a supported installation. In doubt contact support.

CPU usage on my Mac is not out of the ordinary :  A few percent while open and idle, going up to 20-30% briefly when in active use.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
17 hours ago, Jiri Karas said:

It was used without issues in the past, every account on the server and no problems, I think, that now is the usage of CPU abnormal, even on very good machines. Will it change in the future?

Just to be clear, these forums basically consist of other Evernote users, not Evernote staff, so we can't forecast what Evernote will do in the future. For that kind of question, address Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.