Amount of devices - glitch

I have a problem with constant  Exceed of amount of devices message  - went down to free version (2 devices, Win desktop and Mac laptop), all was good until tried to use Web on mobile (android). Got message it's not possible with current version of browser, get app. Got app, never used, never login there.

Now constantly, at least once a day, get pop up with Exceed of amount of devices. First 2 times I simply unsynced Evernote Web - how it happened that I was logged on the first place I don't understand - and now only going to browser on desktop/laptop, login into web version and log out manually helps. No, I don't have automatic login anywhere. I cleaned cookies, logout everywhere, restarted. Nothing helps.

So what I supposed to do now to stop this cycle? Except of upgrade of course, I don't like to be pushed such way. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're using a free service which has some tight limitations,  and the web access counts as a 'device' alongside whatever else you have connected.  It's best to use the web access on a laptop or desktop,  and a mobile as the other device.  It is possible twice a month to change devices. 

The way Evernote tracks devices is a little shaky - I got warned today about access to my account from a Los Angles IP address - when I'm in the UK and it was my IP. (I use a VPN which hides my home IP,  but it's still UK based...)  Si you may know you only use two devices,  but Evernote may not.

There's more information here,  including how to check your access details online  - Understanding the device limit

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You're using a free service which has some tight limitations,  and the web access counts as a 'device' alongside whatever else you have connected.  It's best to use the web access on a laptop or desktop,  and a mobile as the other device.  It is possible twice a month to change devices. 

The way Evernote tracks devices is a little shaky - I got warned today about access to my account from a Los Angles IP address - when I'm in the UK and it was my IP. (I use a VPN which hides my home IP,  but it's still UK based...)  Si you may know you only use two devices,  but Evernote may not.

There's more information here,  including how to check your access details online  - Understanding the device limit

Of course I read everything about amount of devices and read about web access etc etc! I wrote about it in my post.

I need evernote on mobile once in a couple of months so keep app on desktop and laptop. 

>Si you may know you only use two devices,  but Evernote may not.

This is exactly my question - how to tell evernote that I use 2 device only.

• Level 5

You tried to use a third client (browser), which may have thrown the devices count off.

You can go to the devices page to unsync devices. The specific problem here is you already use 2 clients on Win and Mac - going to the account information may be registered again as access to the web client, which is a 3rd device. I can usually manage around it, but not sure it will work like this in every case.

The easiest way would be to skip the 2 desktop clients entirely. Connect through the web client if you want to use it on more than one physical device. It is you stressing the devices limit, not EN. The alternative is to subscribe, and by that getting rid of any device count.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You tried to use a third client (browser), which may have thrown the devices count off.

You can go to the devices page to unsync devices. The specific problem here is you already use 2 clients on Win and Mac - going to the account information may be registered again as access to the web client, which is a 3rd device. I can usually manage around it, but not sure it will work like this in every case.

The easiest way would be to skip the 2 desktop clients entirely. Connect through the web client if you want to use it on more than one physical device. It is you stressing the devices limit, not EN. The alternative is to subscribe, and by that getting rid of any device count.

Yes, went to device page and unsynced, it's written in my post. Every time after that sign out. So 2 devices in list. 

Pardon, EN announced free version working on 2 devices - I use 2 devices and now it's me who stressing them? Or EN not following their well documented feature? Please spare me lecture of you_should_be_happy_to_use_it_at_all.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Balsara said:

it's me who stressing them?

It sounds very much like it.  If you have the app installed on two devices and you use the web version too - that's three devices in Evernote's terms.

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

It sounds very much like it.  If you have the app installed on two devices and you use the web version too - that's three devices in Evernote's terms.

Again - removed web in device, cleaned cookies, logout everywhere, restarted everything. Removed app from android. Seems EN counts web forever or at least doesn't have correct way to remove it - that's why I googled, read forum here and posted my question. 

Free version doesn't have possibility to chat with support otherwise I'd definitely go to them.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:24 PM, gazumped said:

Does that mean that you're still unable to see your notes?

Yes, every time I try to use app on macbook (desktop is logged) I get notification about exceed amount of devices and automatically log out.

Yes, I revoke access via the "Devices" page in your account settings. I log out every time after answering here. I don't have autologin anywhere. Still EV sees Web logged all the time.