Creating a note from the camera doesn't work in iOS 17

Since the recent upgrade to iOS 17, when I create a note in the Evernote App using the camera, the image doesn't get saved into the note (half the time). The note will populate, I will see the image of the photo in the note, and I save the note through the check mark in the top left. The thumbnail image gets saved for the feed, but when I come back into the note the image is missing. I am able to re-add the image bc it is save in the Photos app on the phone. This makes the process of creating a note from snapping the camera a longer and painful process. 

As I said, this happens at least half the time, but not every single time I create the note. Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It has nothing to do with iOS 17.

It has a lot to do with EN iOS 10.57, 10.57.1 and 10.57.2 .

All 3 releases are severely buggy in handling attachments. Fotos are among them. On trying, sometimes it didn't even save the picture just taken, or ended up not saving the picture from the camera view of the app into the note.

If you can avoid adding fotos in the moment, I would do so. As an alternative, take the picture with the devices camera, save it to the camera roll. Later open the Fotos app on a Mac, and let it sync the pictures. Open EN on the Mac, and insert the picture there using the desktop client.

Contact support to add to the number of tickets they receive about this bug. Be aware that support seems inundated at the moment, there are reactions times reported above 10 days for new tickets.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my phone auto updates the apps and I'm experiencing the issue even today. Snapping a picture to create the note leads to a note that has a thumbmail of the image, but the note is empty and I have to re-create the note from the photos app. Can you let me know how to submit the support ticket for Evernote? Thanks.

• Level 5

What exactly are you doing ?

Use the camera, take a picture, share it into EN: Works, it just takes a little for the note to appear, and then for the picture to show.

Use the new note button, camera option works: Creates the note right away, the picture shows pretty fast.

Have a note, use the camera button or the blue + menu to add a picture: Works, nearly instant.

I can’t reproduce any malfunction with 10.58.1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I use version 10.60.2 and IOS 17. The auto camera feature does not detect documents and the app crashes everytime I take a photo. I updated the app, uninstalled it and installed it again and it still doesn't work.