Reset password email does not send email

I’ve been having issues on my main account.
it says my login is blocked and I need to reset my password.

however….

The reset password or forgotten password does not send the email and I have tried many many times now

I’ve tried with my phone, my pc, my iPad. Nothing gets sent. 

I’ve tried all the faqs, I’ve tried that bot which only knows one answer, I’ve tried google and YouTube for an answer. I’ve gone through all of the faqs, some even say to login and use the forums but I cannot log in on them with that account as I cannot reset my password. I had to sign up with this email address just to post here.

All say to click on the forgotten password, or login as guest and request one, but it doesn’t work, I do not receive the email on that account. 

thankfully I am still logged in on my iPad and can read my notes but I but need it back on this phone.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and guess what... to submit ANY type of support you need to upgrade to paid service. Only if I new that Evernote is so bad... I would NEVER even think of using this service!

Password emails are not coming even after adding their email to contact list. You cannot ask the community because it needs an account. There is no chat or anybody you can ask. I had to create a separate account just to post my problem here.

This is truly the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I eventually got my account unlocked but then it was only pure luck that I got access.

i received an email once I finally found out how to submit a ticket. They told me that my account was unlocked and to use my normal password to login, but the main issue was that I didn’t know the password and the reset password was not sending emails.

It wasn’t saved on my pc or my mobile as I’d just bought it and transferred everything to it but logs you out of everything. It was then that I wondered if my iPad was logged in still - it was. I tried change password and it came up with the enter existing password message.

When I tried I was given the option of 2 passwords from my apple saved logins. The first didn’t work but the second did. I managed to fix it.

i wondered if the reset would send emails now, I tried, but still no emails were sent. That is still broken.

The result was - account unlocked by support - password happened to be saved on old iPad - changed password. Pure luck with the iPad. 

Now fixed

• Level 5

You have control of the mail account you entered in account settings, page 1 ? It is not necessarily the account you use as a login.

Then you should receive the reset mail. There are a few reasons why it may not be delivered (account blocked by ISP as spamming, for example). Check your own Spam inbox, filter settings (if any), firewall etc.

Check this before spreading wild theories. If you have doubts the domain of the mail address may be blocked by ISPs, there is no other chance than to change it.

Sadly the issue here is that the emails do not get sent. (I receive the emails from support just fine)

On my pc I use mailwasher which shows *all* messages before you click on the wash button. Nothing appears there, I’ve tried iPhone, iPad, web version of outlook, Office outlook, my works computer, my providers web mail. Nothing on any of them. I had a week of trying with no success.

Trust me, the emails do NOT get sent from the reset or forgotten button, they do NOT get put in any kind of trash or spam folder, really they do not.

it seems that this is tied to accounts that have been blocked due to too many attempts at logging in, like mine was. 
Now that my account is unblocked and logged in I’m happy. But even now I cannot reset my password by email as the emails are still not being sent. (I tried just as a test)

On this new account which I created to post here and to test the forgotten password - it worked first time, I received the email and the link in the email acted as it should.

There is a bug in the system that needs checking. When blocked, your account is locked and emails stop working, when unblocked by support the email flag is still there and set to not send.

On 11/8/2023 at 5:29 AM, PinkElephant said:

You have control of the mail account you entered in account settings, page 1 ? It is not necessarily the account you use as a login.

Then you should receive the reset mail. There are a few reasons why it may not be delivered (account blocked by ISP as spamming, for example). Check your own Spam inbox, filter settings (if any), firewall etc.

Check this before spreading wild theories. If you have doubts the domain of the mail address may be blocked by ISPs, there is no other chance than to change it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob. I'm having exactly the same issue 😕 no email are sent to my Inbox nor Spam. i had submitted the ticket. It's been 2 days, and I haven't gotten any support from the teams. Sadly. Would you mind sharing how did they support you? Via email? 

11 hours ago, Mộc Châu said:

Hi Rob. I'm having exactly the same issue 😕 no email are sent to my Inbox nor Spam. i had submitted the ticket. It's been 2 days, and I haven't gotten any support from the teams. Sadly. Would you mind sharing how did they support you? Via email? 

After going through all their faqs it took me to the email support and they unlocked my account  but I still couldn’t use the forgotten password link as it never sent the email. Still doesn’t. 
I was lucky as I was still logged in on my iPad and was able to reset it via that device. 

55 minutes ago, RobbyRob2024 said:

After going through all their faqs it took me to the email support and they unlocked my account  but I still couldn’t use the forgotten password link as it never sent the email. Still doesn’t. 
I was lucky as I was still logged in on my iPad and was able to reset it via that device. 

It's seem hopeless at the moment. I don't get any response from them. Don't know whether to submit another ticket or not.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

2 days would be fast. We were on 2 weeks. It seems they are making good now, but it will - unfortunately - take some time until we are back to 2 days.

Must be 2 weeks nightmare. Should I submit another ticket? 🤔  

21 hours ago, Mộc Châu said:

Must be 2 weeks nightmare. Should I submit another ticket? 🤔  

I would. Once you get in contact with them they are pretty good. If they hadn’t unlocked my account for multiple incorrect password attempts I’d have never got back in.