In-Car assistant integrations? (Android Auto - Apple CarPlay)

I think that the ability to get a note into EN while driving is a fairly basic function/need

"OK Google, tell Evernote to pick up the shirt at the cleaners"

In the past, there was the ability to dictate a message to EN via Android Auto, but online research indicates that this is no longer possible
I understand that Google has changed their API's effectively ending that option with the apps themselves, or via a workaround with IFTT
I can do this with my Amazon Alexa devices while at home. While driving, I can currently dictate a message that defaults into Google Keep, just not EN. For now, that's the workaround

While I understand that this has more to do with the underlying O/S & API's, I would hope that EN is looking into re-establishing some sort of integration

I have sent in my suggestion for this, but if anyone knows of a way to accomplish this, please chime in

Thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The new version of EN doesn’t support any scripting or automation. Some users report they were able to make Shortcuts on an Apple device work. My attempts were short lived if it went good, and failed if it went bad. No sustainable solution.

What you ask for is to integrate several assistants like Siri or Google into EN. Nice idea, but I doubt it is around any corner we will turn in the next years. Simple solution: Use another app, share the results into EN (or don’t). I use THINGS 3 for my task management, and they do support Siri.