PDF Annotated Thumbnails - Not updating?

Any ideas why when I make changes to an annotated PDF the thumbnail does not update?

I have even duplicated a note which is a PDF cleared the annotations and it's still showing the same state as the previous which doesn't seem to be updating?

Very odd? 

Any ideas on how to gig it to update ? 

Thanks

• Level 5

The thumbnail generation is sort on enigmatic (and has ever been).

We know it will NOT automatically reflect changes in the note. Often it won't change even when the picture used for the thumb is removed.

The best way to see what happens is to create an empty new note and copy only the content into it you want to become the source of the thumbnail. Then wait patiently until the thumbnail appears. It is a server side process, so it may be quick one day, and take a while later. Once it is there, you can add other content - as I said, this will usually not affect the thumbnail any more.

Until the next day, when it does ...

Funny you should say that because I have a workout calendar which I annotate and put two lines across each other to resemble like a massive red X over each completed day. This updates to be honest, and it does in fact reflect the change, well it was previously and more or less instant.. What caused me to notice an issue today is that I duplicated the note removed all annotations (as I'm starting from the course again) and the days marked off have remained in the new duplicated note...

So I'm thinking, maybe your right, once it's annotated it's screwed best way is to create a new note thus new fresh thumbnail, so i guess in my case re-import the original calendar of the workout...

I'll give this a go.. but like I said, it was updating when I was working through it daily and the thumbnail reflected the newly marked X on the day in question.. Crazy eh!? 

Have a look below every day I'll add an X and it was OK up until last week

This is the thumbnail.. I've also just noticed, when I make a change to the PDF by means of an annotation amendment, it is not updating the note.. the note will sit there.. prior.. the note was being updated, hence why it was reflecting the change I guess.. god knows.. 

image.png.73b48e8aca5355298df2fc3d972d4761.png