Web Clipper Clip to Specific Note?

Go to solution Solved by bmcl26,

When using the EN web clipper many times I would like to clip to a specific note I have already created not create a new one. I thought in the past we could do this but I dont see how to do it now. Granted I have been away from EN for quite a while. Is this still a thing and I'm just ignorant on how to do it?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

check you have the most up-to-date version of the clipper for your browser.

Thank you. I have version 7.33.1 which I believe is the latest. Would you mind telling me how to do it for this ignorant user? I can see how to select a notebook but not a specific note. I'm sure I'll feel silly after you tell me. I'm okay with that. :)

1 minute ago, silentquest said:

Thank you. I have version 7.33.1 which I believe is the latest. Would you mind telling me how to do it for this ignorant user? I can see how to select a notebook but not a specific note. I'm sure I'll feel silly after you tell me. I'm okay with that. :)

Not that then. I am on Chrome and 7.33.1 is the current web clipper I am using it is working perfectly.  Perhaps try uninstalling the clipper and reinstalling it to see if that clears the problem

Just now, bmcl26 said:

Sorry, I did not fully understand you wanted to clip to a specific note within a notebook.  AFAIK there is no method of doing that other than clipping to the same notebook and merging the notes.

1 minute ago, bmcl26 said:

AFAIK there is no method of doing that other than clipping to the same notebook and merging the notes.

Okay. Bummer. I think we used to be able to do this but that was years ago. Thank you so much for your time. Have a wonderful day. 

• Solution
Just now, silentquest said:

Okay. Bummer. I think we used to be able to do this but that was years ago. Thank you so much for your time. Have a wonderful day. 

No problem, I have been on EN for 12 years and never come across that ability, although it may have been there and I did not stumble upon it.  Thank you and have a wonderful day as well.  At least the Sun is shining here.

4 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

I have been on EN for 12 years and never come across that ability,

Okay. I'm confused then. The sun will be shining soon here in Jax. Sorry to waste your time. No wonder I couldn't find it in the help. 

• Level 5*

Just to confirm - AFAIK Evernote has never had an option to clip to a single note using the web-clipper.  There are several ways to get around that,  depending on what you're clipping.  The easy one is clip to a new note and just merge that note with,  or copy the content from it to,  your chosen target. 

You can also copy/ paste,  drag and drop,  multi-select,  and copy items to the local desktop to collect them together,  then copy the group to your note.

Edit:  Forgot:  there is also an option,  if you are a subscriber,  to email content into a note, and that way you can append it to an existing note if you wish.

• Like 1