Anyone else having Tasks issues?

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

This is really the only issue I'm having with EN currently. I really like this functionality and will keep using it but the issue I'm having is tasks that once entered sometimes dont show completed after I have completed them in the app. For example, I put in a task to vacuum due today in a home maintenance note. I do the task and then check it completed in the app. A few moments later it reappears still due today. I click it completed again and a few moments later it reappears. Or sometimes tasks show as overdue after I completed them already a few days ago. Very strange. I wish i could identify a pattern but I can't. Most tasks work just fine but 10-20% do not. Anyone else? Showed this to my wife just to get confirmation I wasn't having a memory issue. lol. 

I am using the Tasks feature in EN. I am using a newer MacBook Air, an iPad Mini 6, and iPhone 14. Same on all devices. I really like the way the tasks feature works and it works most of the time but sometimes catches me out with the problem I described. BTW when I check EN web the problem is there too. I have submitted tickets to EN and they have been responsive but not a fix yet. Just wondering if I am alone with the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Solution
12 hours ago, silentquest said:

issue I'm having is tasks that once entered sometimes dont show completed after I have completed them in the app.

I've certainly had instances where it doesn't seem to complete the task. I too can't really find a pattern. I do know that I have most problems with overdue recurring weekly tasks. I had a week away, so didn't do any of my routine tasks, and sorting it all out when I came back was a nightmare. Since then I've not had problems so I haven't raised it with support, but I am monitoring carefully.

One thing that initially confused me was the way it deals with overdue daily tasks compared to Todoist. If you complete a daily task that you didn't do yeterday in Todoist it completes it and the next instance is tomorrow. In contrast, EN completes it and then it immediately appears again for you to do it today as well. I actually prefer the EN behaviour as I frequently want to do more today to catchup and this reminds me to do that.

3 hours ago, Mike P said:

One thing that initially confused me was the way it deals with overdue daily tasks compared to Todoist. If you complete a daily task that you didn't do yeterday in Todoist it completes it and the next instance is tomorrow. In contrast, EN completes it and then it immediately appears again for you to do it today as well. I actually prefer the EN behaviour as I frequently want to do more today to catchup and this reminds me to do that.

Thank you. I have noticed that as well and also prefer it. I have also had the issue on items that are not set to repeat however. Oh well, they are aware of the issue and hopefully will get it fixed at some point. Thank you for responding. 

• Like 1