Syncing Issue after deleting notes in my trash bin

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Yesterday I decided as evernote has been working very slowly on my mobile and desktop apps I should empty my trash and permanently delete over 12K notes in there. Now when I try to use Evernote it is stalled in syncing mode and it is still deleting notes from the trash after several hours. At this rate, I calculate it will take another 24 hours of deleting. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it on my desktop, which worked but after doing the same to my mobile app the notes are still deleting and is causing my desktop to stall in Sync mode even though there is nothing in the trash. Any suggestions? 

• Level 5
  • Solution

First the deletion needs to sync to the server. Then for every connected device, it needs to sync from the server to that device.

And this for 12k of trashed notes - what are you asking for ? Hurrying this now by stuff like uninstalling and reinstalling a client just adds to the server workload, and holds the danger that an unsynced part of a prior operation (like deleting notes …) gets lost, causing an inconsistency between clients and server.

Don‘t blame the app if this happens.

In general on operations that impact a large number of notes, it is better to first take the client offline. Then run the operation, and when done take the client back online. This will usually work faster on the operation, and the syncing will then happen in the background, which is faster and less demanding on system resources either.

• Like 1