Unconnecting device unsuccessful and has used up all attempts to disconnect

I have two devices connected and Evernote added web access, since web access now counts as a device I no longer use it for years and since additional devices can no longer go above two, I restrict that to two as well, but Evernote added web access and I have twice tried to remove it and twice told removal was successful and now I have used up all my disconnect requests and told to use a pricey option.

========= After looking at Pink Elephant's answer (that I marked as solution, afterwards) ======

I figured I would not be able to use Evernote at all until month ends, and would then have same problem all over again.  But I asked Alexa if apps other than browsers had cookies (yes), and if Evernote had cookies (yes).  I cleared cache but could not find where to delete cookies as Evernote is not a browser.  Asked Bard for how to clear cookies on Evernote.  Turns out it is next to clearing cache.

1. Tap on Apps & notifications in Android Settings
  2. Tap on See all apps.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Evernote.
  4. Tap on Storage & cache.
  5. Tap on "Clear cache" and "Clear storage".
Edited by dmcritchie
Remove word "to" before word "told". Added a more precise solution after reviewing suggested solution (marked as solved). KAPUT, fix not working.
  • Level 5

EN doesn’t add a client - it happens on your own login. When you try to unsync a device, it works best when you log out in that client, and quit it. Then use another client that you still want to use to unsync the one you want to skip.

When you have used your 2 unsyncs, you have these options: Wait for 30 days, or subscribe for a month. Subscribing will lift the block directly.

====================== new month started ======================

KAPUT: Printed from page on Windows, new month started stopped working on Windows and Android had one device which I had to cancel to get in and can't get logged in on Android or Windows and I get original message to start working with Evernote, with no data. Now I'm really screwed. Update a month or so ago has two Evernote symbols on Windows logo page never know which one works and which doesn't. The one on Windows home page no longer worked for some time. Can't get in on either system.

Know data is still actually around because I looked at one of the public notebooks in a browser but can't access via Evernote App. Of course to really to really see all of the data I know I must use Firefox when viewing public notebooks (minor inconvenience, compared to Evernote not working).

YES, the month changed, but I used the WRONG email address and misspelled, so it was truly recognized as a new user, and that makes it look like all my data was gone.

===================================================================

So I did get it working, but had to do the steps many times.  Everytime I revoked device (Web client). on Android I cleared cache and storage in Android settings.  Stay logged out go to other machine (Windows machine) click on my profile letter after logging in then revoked web client, revoked in browser as account stuff is done there, but if you see "client" in the web address you have to start all over again because you need to use the start button with square background for the app.  Each time you go in you immediately go for the  profile letter > info > devices > check the one (for me always web) you want to drop, then click on revoke and sign out.  Keep doing and signing in until both systems/devices only show the two devices you want.  (Not a nice way to spend 6 or more hours)

Problem started and reappears because the Evernote update/installation has two buttons the one on the disc is the client, the nice one is the app and has a square background.  Make sure you don't have the one with the disk pinned to Windows start menu start (assuming you don't want the browser client) or on your Windows desktop and the buttons are not labeled, so surprised there aren't a heck of a lot of people with this problem.   So even though it told me I had exceeded devices I did manage to hack through until it worked, of course the month had aso changed so this might not have worked originally, but I was always deleting the same device and immediately examining the devices list.

• Level 5

The web client counts as a device. If you use it, you can only use 1 other device.

To unsync, log out on the device you want to give up. Then quit this client.

Go to your account on a working device that you want to keep. Go to your devices page, and unsync the device you want to skip.

There are only 2 unsyncs allowed per 30 days. When you get beyond, it can happen your account gets locked.

In such a case you need to wait 30 days, or subscribe for a month to get it unlocked directly.

Problem solved but would suggest anyone with problem read all answers and comments because even with the right answers you get logged out which is not normal so throwing in a surprise with wrong userid or password makes problem worse and this is because you got a surprise login and mess that up on top of actual problem.  Actually the actual problem was caused by a new button.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Sure, happens again and again.

Wait for 30 days, or subscribe for a month.

The usual mistake is that the user does not log out from a client he wants to unsync. He unsyncs it from another device still being logged in, and chances are it will appear again. This consumes the unsyncs without a progress.