Finding Notes with Encryption in them

• Level 5

Hi all - 

I am an Evernote Legacy junkie and have tons of notes, many of which have encrypted text in them. If I end up staying with Evernote once Legacy rides off into the sunset, I assume / hope these won't be a problem (though the Android app has--over the years--corrupted some such notes. I assume that's been resolved). 

But, if I decide to move on to some alternative I many need to manually handle transferring and encrypted info, as I doubt Joplin or any other alternative would support Evernote encrypted text as is. So that leads to: How do I search to find all notes I have with encrypted text? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

_____/ Regards,   

____/ al      

• Level 5*

Hi.  I asked the AI search "how many of my notes are encrypted?" and got a quick response... from a rapid check they all seem to qualify.

Some care is required in phrasing.  I first tried "how many notes contain encryption?" which got me a lot of notes containing that word,  but which were not,  in fact encrypted.

The 'new' encryption is actually slightly enhanced from what I remember before - it asks for a clue word or phrase that will be included in the note,  but not encrypted.  I previously did that manually.

EDIT:  and then of course I looked up Evernote search terms,  and just typing encryption: in the normal search gets me the same answer....

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I asked the AI search "how many of my notes are encrypted?" and got a quick response... from a rapid check they all seem to qualify.

Some care is required in phrasing.  I first tried "how many notes contain encryption?" which got me a lot of notes containing that word,  but which were not,  in fact encrypted.

The 'new' encryption is actually slightly enhanced from what I remember before - it asks for a clue word or phrase that will be included in the note,  but not encrypted.  I previously did that manually.

EDIT:  and then of course I looked up Evernote search terms,  and just typing encryption: in the normal search gets me the same answer....

Oh... I hadn't thought about using the newer Android app's AI feature--cool thought! That said, encryption: works like a charm (apologies for my not finding that on my own). 

Thanks! 

• Like 1