MAC APP will not connect .

This is madness.  can't connect via the MacOS app 

10.63.3-mac-ddl-public (20231003171454)
Editor: v176.13.0
Service: v1.75.3
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Running  MAC OS Sonoma

HELP PLEASE no response to service request .. no communication ..   absolute sh** poor communication

yes.. but need the desktop the web version is very inefficient  .. I have rebooted.. powered on and off.. on multiple  Macs.. still no luck connecting..  Different internet connections also 

Yes.. working up to  yesterday's outage.  no firewall issues.  I can logon via browsers.    just the desktop app.. doesn't  seem to want to connect.

this appears to be consistent when I attempt to log in from computer A via  Internet source. A .. or.  internet source B on a completely different WAN/location.

I just get the 3 dots .. moving under my user name  and it never connects

Subscript and client since 2009   .  I did post a dumpster fire picture this morning called it Evernote's tech infrastructure and SDLC process on Twitter. .  Perhaps the block is on the other side.  ..  Very frustrating  

• Level 5

OK, this means there is no device limit issue.

Uninstall the Mac app using AppCleaner, to make sure all residual data will go with it. Restart the Mac. Reinstall the direct download, install, log in.

Should work after any inconsistent data was removed.

• Level 5*
On 10/6/2023 at 5:43 PM, pinkMadness said:

I started facing the same issue. very frustrating. Has there been a fix ?

Please share your OS / device / Evernote version and log-in method. (2FA / Google / Evernote)

There's no issue that we're aware of - but the Forums are mainly supported by other users,  not staff.

I'm having the same issue.

Constantly seeing this error message (see attached), I'm on Ventura 13.6, Apple Macbook Pro 16-inch M1 Pro 32GB.  But my internet connection is fine, as I'm typing and submitting this post on the same device, and am also logged into Evernote on web.  I'm a paid user.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 1.32.25 PM.png

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, a8h said:

I'm having the same issue.

Hi.  Another Mac user found that a complete uninstall and reinstall helped - I suggested AppCleaner or similar to get all traces,  but they seem to have done it manually somehow.  It can also make a difference whether you're using the App Store version or the Evernote.com version - so maybe reinstall from Evernote direct if you go that route...?

• Level 5

It’s always the same: An app claims internet connection is not possible.

Now an internet connection is a chain of devices, and all need to work. We need to find the one that is not working, and then do a debugging.

To find the device: Connect the device on which the client is installed through another internet connection. If on a WiFi network, then establish a personal hotspot with your phone. Or move the device (laptop) to a different network. Now working ? => The problem is on the network. Maybe a firewall intervening, or similar.

Not working ? Then the problem is likely on the device. Firewall, security software, ad blocker ?

Good luck.