iPhone MacBook Pro sync issue

xpaddy01 (mark)

Idea

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch early 2008) running El Capitan (10.11.6) and an iPhone 13 Pro Max.iiOS17.0.2). I have been able to sync practically in real time up until this week. 

I saved a number of links from YouTube and crafted a few notes. When I open the MacBook in the middle of the week, and opened Evernote I noticed the links weren’t there. I then opened Evernote on the iPhone, looked for the sync command, then pressed sync. Nothing happened. I even create separate notes on the MacBook and the iPhone. Noting happened.

i’m guessing something might have changed with the update to iOS17? Or am I missing something else.

it would be helpful to be able to have syncing back to the MacBook, especially what I’m trying to do now.

Yes, I know I should upgrade the MacBook. The funds haven’t been there to date. Maybe that changes in the next 6-12 months.

Thanks!

Mark

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The minimum system requirement for v10 has always been MacOS 10.15.

It seems the latest updates brought an Electron version that now really demands this OS level. We have heard of older versions that stopped syncing.

The iPhone should do ok, no issue there. 

• Level 5

It usually works just like that. They now changed something on the server, probably for security reasons. This disables an older version of the SSL/TLS transport encryption. The old versions of the OSes can't update this security library, and are left behind.

19 hours ago, xpaddy01 (mark) said:

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch early 2008) running El Capitan (10.11.6) and an iPhone 13 Pro Max.iiOS17.0.2). I have been able to sync practically in real time up until this week. 

I saved a number of links from YouTube and crafted a few notes. When I open the MacBook in the middle of the week, and opened Evernote I noticed the links weren’t there. I then opened Evernote on the iPhone, looked for the sync command, then pressed sync. Nothing happened. I even create separate notes on the MacBook and the iPhone. Noting happened.

i’m guessing something might have changed with the update to iOS17? Or am I missing something else.

it would be helpful to be able to have syncing back to the MacBook, especially what I’m trying to do now.

Yes, I know I should upgrade the MacBook. The funds haven’t been there to date. Maybe that changes in the next 6-12 months.

Thanks!

Mark

I'm having the same issue - was going to try and upgrade to El Captain from 10.10, but it seems as yours won't sync, that won't make any difference.

I won't lose much, but it is annoying as Evernote was a key part of my workflow.

Would you mind letting me know which version of Evernote you are able to run on your computer? Highest I can get to at the moment is 6.12.3

Think I'll just need to find a Evernote alternative until I can justify a replacement computer. The one I have now works really well, so I'm reluctant to spend thousands just for one App

• Level 5

v10 needs at least 10.14 Mojave, so that's way to go if you are on 10.10.

The highest release before v10 for the Mac is 7.14, which is already based on 64bit code.

You find a mirror of older versions here - in case you can't identify a better source, download and try.

https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions

In general the web client takes you further. To run is, Firefox is usually a good try if your Safari version doesn't support the newer releases. The older have shown that they will not sync either - you need to opt for the new version in Evernote web, and for v10+ client in Web Client settings, both in your account settings.