How to prevent the download of a new version of Evernote??

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I have Evernote version 10.36.4-mac-ddl-public (3377).  Whenever I try to use it I get a window that tells me 

An update is required to continue

A new version of Evernote is available. Please download and install it now.

However, I can't use this new version because my MAC version is 10.6.11 and that has stopped being upgraded by Apple.

I would like the opportunity to decline the newest version of Evernote because the one I have works perfectly for me.  How would I achieve this?

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

Evernote v10 below 10.60 is now unsupported on the desktop and in the process of being withdrawn. If you decline the upgrade you will, soon, find Evernote unavailable for you. 

If the latest version really won't work then you should urgently open a support ticket and ask what they can do to assist. If you have a Free account then you'll need to pay for support. Otherwise make an urgent plan to move on.

• Level 5

The versions you have installed may have worked technically for you, but never were supported officially. EN v10 always required MacOS 10.15 as a minimum.

Beside trying to work around the technical barriers, your best option is probably to run the web client in a browser supporting it.

If Safari doesn’t, Firefox may be a good alternative.

I'm running High Sierra due to software incompatibilities with higher versions of Mac OS. It is too expensive to upgrade all the software. I also pay a fee to Evernote every year. I’m a loyal customer, and feel that Evernote now has left me behind.

• Level 5

You stopped, the world is moving ahead. The version of MacOS is deprecated by Apple since years. The EN client you use is deprecated by EN. 

You won’t expect anybody to keep everything running, outdated software on outdated OS on outdated platform ?

The web client is a solid offer, if the installed client stops working.