Inserting note link with a keyboard

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

I'm using Evernote for MAC (10.61.10).

Inside a note, I often want to quickly insert a link to another by searching for it. I do not want to use the mouse.

At the moment, I can press Cmd + K to get this dialog:

image.png.9e8fa1ba96c7156c7af66d971bdb73a5.png

Then I can press the TAB  a couple of times and ENTER to activate Select note.

Then I can enter a sufficiently unique name and select one of the notes matching the search query.

Then I have to press the TAB several more times (it depends on how many notes it finds), select the appropriate note, and then two more TABs and press ENTER to Insert.

This is (almost) fine but the trouble is that after I do all of this, the end result is this: 

image.png.eb3b423fb9ad5438408183f8f35c3734.png

Now I cannot simply press TAB a couple more times to get to Apply because the cursor is below the dialog/popup. I need to use the mouse instead to click on it. That's quite annoying and slows me down quite a bit.

Is there a better approach? 

You can use Ctl+Cmd+K to quick link to an internal notes.  It provide a selection search box for you.

Other hand, I am using the hot-key to copy the link of editing note. It made me more easy to paste it to other notes instead of copying from the 3 dots menu or right mouse button.

Sorry that my picture is in Chinese, but you can find this function very easy.

2023-09-1913_22_22.png.0e1b10bd81a1e9b872546244b30fec42.png

• Like 1
  • Solution
8 hours ago, romelden said:

You can use Ctl+Cmd+K to quick link to an internal notes.

For me it's Cmd-Option-K (I think that's the default too -- for English keyboard anyway)

image.png.d0c85c7c15f6b0adf7a87792b8083226.png

@jumarko That takes you to the 'Select Note' dialog to start with and the keyboard focus is never lost from the dialog. Cmd-K seems to be broken as far as keyboard focus goes. There are a couple of other threads on here somewhere about that too.

@Boot17 excellent, thank you!

I would have tried this combination earlier but on my system I had it assigned to something else (Keyboard Maestro macro).

Too bad that this shortcut cannot be customized in Evernote but I just changed the combination for the other thing and now it works!

• Like 2