Recurrent popup that I need to unsync devices (but I have only 2 active - iPad and MacBook)

Dear All,

I am using EN for 7 years and I never had any issue before. Last month I received an older iPad that I wanted to use as a digital notepad for talks and seminars. However, after I installed EN on it and I unsynced EN on my iMAC the trouble began. Since then I can not use EN on the MacBook BUT on the iPad by not getting constantly logged out or getting the popup that that I need to unsync a device. BUT I have only 2 active .... iPad and MacBook. 

Now, I even revoked access to the one from iPad hoping it works. But that would be very unfortunate. 🙂

Anyone had this problem before? Any idea what I can do?

regards,

Bjoern.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're only allowed two devices,  but you need access to Evernote Web to revoke access to any of them;  so effectively you could maybe use the web on your macbook plus the ipad...  but to sort it all out you need to check https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action for your own current connections and (if you can) revoke everything but the device you are using.  If you have no disconnections left,  you can only either wait out the  suspension or subscribe again (on a monthly basis maybe?) to sort it out immediately and get access to Support in case you need help.

• Level 5

Just a correction: The mobile clients allow to unsync devices without opening the web client.

Tap on your account icon, tap on the devices tab. A page opens in the app, with a list of all synced devices. Devices now can be selected and unsynced.

To improve the unsyncing, one should first open the app on the device that will be unsynced, and log out of the account. Then close the app.

Now switch to the device you want to use to perform the unsync, and remove the device.

• Like 1