Auto Logout in Open due to too many devices

I recently upgraded my laptop and I synced my old one but am now receiving an error message and being auto logged out of Evernote on my iOS due to too many logins. 

i originally logged in on the web to unsync my old laptop and that also counted as a “device” so I had to unsync the online instance also - resulting in two unsyncs meaning I have none left for the month. 

chat support is down at the moment.

plaase help! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  

Non subscribers can use Evernote on two devices only. Swops are allowed for replacements, but only two per month. Access to the web counts as one device and is necessary for admin and swops, so realstically you have a choice of the web plus your laptop, or a tablet / phone.

Tracking the number of connected devices is not an exact science - check here for your own situation https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action. 

For these purposes it doesn't matter if you 'know' that you're only connecting through 2 devices. What matters is: does Evernote know that?

If you're locked out of your account for exceeding a device limit, the choices are limited to: waiting it out until the end of the current month or paying for access (even if only for one month).

More here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068 

• Level 5

Anyhow, whether support chat is down or not doesn’t play a role - it’s for subscribers only anyhow.

Your best option after creating a temporary lockout is in fact to subscribe for a month. You get unlimited devices and can sort things out.

When unsyncing a device always log out of EN on that device first. Then use another to get at your accounts devices page, and unsync that device.

As you experienced the web client counts as a device as well. Think about using the web client instead of the desktop client on your new laptop.