Export Local Notebook not working after upgrade

Today I upgraded to Evernote 10.60.4-mac-ddl-public (20230803182206). My previous version supported local notebooks, so I followed the instructions at  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005107-Convert-local-notebooks. I chose "Check for Local Notebooks" from the Tools menu, then in the "Local notebooks found on this device" dialog, I clicked the arrow next to my local notebook, which contains 563 notes. Partway through the "Exporting Notes" process, the "Local notebooks found on this device" popped up again. If I click the arrow next to my local notebook again, I'm stuck in a loop of the same behavior. So I cancelled out of the dialog. Then I tried to import the resulting .enex file, and got the message: "Failed to Import Notes. Your import had an error. We were able to import 103 notes to (Imported) Pandora Notebook before this error occurred." Also, the the imported notes are all dated 1/20/1970.

How can I recover the remaining notes from my old local notebook?

• Level 5*

Hi.  As the help page says,  the option to convert local notebooks comes up automatically during the upgrade process,  so maybe your separate activation caused some confusion,  or there was a problem with one or more of the notes in your local notebook which crashed the feature.

I'd suggest you sign out of Evernote and power your system off,  then back on,  then run the check for local notebooks again.  Your original EXB file should still be on your system containing the rest of your files.  Hopefully the system will recognise them and start the import again.  It's possible that the existing imported notes will be duplicated - it might be an idea to move them into a temprary notebook before you retry this exercise just in case.

If this doesn't resolve your issues,  I'm afraid it's a Support problem - they're rather busy now,  so responses might be a little slow,  but definitely contact them about this.

• Level 5

I can’t check myself because I have dumped all legacy clients. But I think on the Mac there was no EXB file - each legacy client had a different data structure.

The data should still be somewhere - but a Spotlight search for EXB may not find it.

• Like 1