Note creation takes too long.

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I am using Evernote desktop for Windows (version 10.60.4) and I have more than 20.000 notes. Every time I press the new note button it takes some 30 seconds to create the note in the pane to the right. Then it takes another 20 to 30 seconds to allow me to write on the note. During this one minute it always shows a rotating green arc. This has been going on for several weeks now. It is the only program I am having issues with. Please, I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always helpful to know what Windows and Evernote versions you are using.  My new notes (60,000+ notes) take around 7 seconds each time,  but Evernote is already working on this issue,  and hopefully we'll see some results soon.

Thank you for your prompt response, gazumped. I have Evernote version 10.60.4 and my Windows is:  

Edition        Windows 10 Home
Version        22H2
Installed on    ‎21-‎Apr-‎21
OS build    19045.3324
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Do you think this issue will be solved soon? Evernote is becoming almost unusable for me and after more than 10 year as a fan user I am considering abandoning it. Again, thank you for your help. Kind regards. 

• Level 5*
On 8/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, fjsant said:

Do you think this issue will be solved soon?

I think they're working very hard on the 'back end' systems to improve speed and reliability - unknown how long it will take to see more improvement,  but my desktop connection is currently very quick indeed.

I think I have the same problem. I am using the following version.
v 10.60.4 web 0
Editor: v176.4.0
Service: v1.71.1
I'm accessing EN through MS Edge browser from China. Wheter I'm using the VPN or local internet breakout, it takes more than a minute, sometimes 2 or 3 minutes  for the creation of new notes and when it is finally created, it does not open, but is put in the list as an "Untitled Notes". I can then open that Untitled Note and create my note. This time lag basically makes EN unusable on my desktop. It works better in the iOS app.
  • Like 1

Thank you for your post, Christian. I just checked and although my desktop version is 10.60.4 (earlier than yours) it says I am up to date. I will update as soon as it is available for me.