About the price rise in Turkey! (Türkiye'deki fiyat artışı hakkında!)

Hi,

I've been using Evernote since 2013.

I have hundreds of notes inside that I use regularly.

However, with the mail I received today, I learned that the annual fee will be 999 TRY (Turkish Lira).

On September 13, 2022, I paid 199 TRY as an annual fee, on September 13, 2021, I paid 119 TRY as an annual fee.

The fee requested today is about 5 times the fee I paid in 2022 and about 8.5 times the fee I paid in 2021. This amount is unacceptable! 

Do you want users in Turkey to leave you and switch to other apps? Please review your pricing policy in Turkey, otherwise you will lose a lot of users.

-

Merhaba,

2013 yılından beri Evernote kullanıyorum.

İçeride düzenli olarak kullandığım yüzlerce notum var.

Ancak bugün gelen mail ile birlikte senelik ücretin 999 TRY (Turkish Lira) olacağını öğrendim.

13 Eylül 2022'de senelik ücret olarak 199 TRY ödedim, 13 Eylül 2021'de senelik ücret olarak 119 TRY ödedim.

Bugün istenilen ücret, 2022 yılında ödediğim ücretin yaklaşık 5 katı, 2021 yılında ödediğim ücretin ise yaklaşık 8,5 katı. Bu tutar kabul edilemez!

Türkiye'deki kullanıcıların sizi bırakmasını ve başka uygulamalara geçmesini mi istiyorsunuz? Lütfen Türkiye fiyatlandırma politikanızı gözden geçirin, aksi halde çok kullanıcıyı kaybedeceksiniz.

Thanks/Teşekkürler
Fatih

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Turkey has an absolutely runaway inflation, with official rates between 50s and 80s percent per year. This meant that over the years the rate paid to EN was worth less and less from year to year.

80% means the value in hard currency will be nearly cut by half within a single year.

EN needs to pay everything in hard currency: Wages, servers, expenses. They simply convert the raise in prices into local currency, and that’s what you feel now.

The raise is about 63% for hard currency users. Multiply this by the inflation factor for several years, and you won’t be surprised any longer.

It doesn’t make it better for you - but it is not random.