Can't click on a tag via "Add Filter" when it appears below search bar as I type - Mac OS version 10.59.5-mac-ddl-public

Go to solution Solved by blueviolet11,

Hi, As of the Mac OS update I installed yesterday, when I type a tag in the search bar, and it appears in the drop down under the "Add Filter" label as I type, I can no longer click on it. For example, I can't click on the tag "music" below.

I use this functionality all the time, so it would be great to have it fixed. Thanks,

image.png.beec985afd0858ddb4fbb2f524a5b9fd.png

• blueviolet11 changed the title to Can't click on a tag via "Add Filter" when it appears below search bar as I type - Mac OS version 10.59.5-mac-ddl-public
22 minutes ago, Michael Garber said:

Actually the issue is more general than just "add filter." The issue applies to everything that appears under the search bar as I type, including the notes that appear under the "Go to...." heading

I find that sometimes it works second time.

Other times you get this delightful behaviour:

image.png.7019e1767172ddefbcb9370ef81bc176.png

According to the entry underneath the search bar $pinned is selected and can be cleared, but looking in the note list shows no tag selected. Pressing clear and trying again, just freezes the whole search bar and dropdown and it takes a ctrl+R to start again.

I was taking a look back at the infamous  2014 article - "Evernote, the bug ridden elephant". Somethings never change!

• Haha 1

Ha, I can also get it to work after a restart, but the search bar quickly starts to freeze again after a search or two as you say. Looking at my notes (which I could only find with a restart...), it looks like I had a similar issue about two years ago.

Same issues here since update yesterday to :

10.59.5-mac-mas-public (5236)Editor: v174.13.3
Service: v1.70.3

Evernote has become unstable & unuseable  for me as I rely on filtering tags for 90% of my work flow. 

Side affect of trying to use search filtering is the new dialog:    “Permission Lost: You no longer  have access to the "XYZ” notebook" 

I just got the "Permission Lost" popup dialog as well. I'm going to go back to a previous release until these bugs are fixed, as, like bartorama, 10.59.5-mac-ddl-public has become unuseable for me.

Edited by Michael Garber
add specificity

I'm having the same issues since upgrading to 10.59.5. Trying to filter by a tag results in the search menu freezing up and a list of all my notes being displayed in the main window. I also started getting the "Permission Lost" dialog today as well. Given the annual subscription price for the Personal plan basically just tripled for me when it came up for my renewal, having this major of a bug in a public release is very annoying. I typically manage my Evernote installation/upgrades through the macOS App Store which doesn't give a downgrade option. I've also looked on the Evernote website and haven't been able to find where I can get the install file to downgrade back to 10.58.8 there either. Anyone have a reputable link where I can grab it?

• Like 1
On 8/6/2023 at 11:50 PM, TheDailyMel said:

I wish the Evernote team provided the means to roll-back, as they should do; however, I appreciate the 3rd party site you shared.  

Uninstalling 10.59.5 and installing 10.58.8 solved both the (clearly related) issues of search filters not working and subsequent "Permissions Lost... no access to XX notebook" error messages that were popping up. 

Meanwhile after checking and verifying that there was no new fixed version available yesterday, I installed 10.58.8.  On a whim I then decided to check what "Check for Updates..." would report. The Evernote application reported that  it was the most recent version - contrary to what the AppStore showed (v 10.59.5).

As of today  the AppStore shows v10.60.4 is available - with fixes for these issues - but Evernote app still believes 10.58.8 is the current version. :s

I will wait to update.

Thanks again.

Evernote downgraded 10.58.8 STILL thinks it is the latest version 20230808.pdf Evernote AppStore diff version 10.60.4 available 20230808.pdf Evernote AppStore diff version 10.59.5 available 20230807.pdf

• Level 5*

The way this works is:  200M downloads of the latest app (give or take) are scheduled over a couple of weeks.  Your system will be updated in due time.  In the meanwhile the latest version is available on the webite,  so if you can't wait for the scheduled download,  you simply go direct and download / update manually.

• 1 month later...