Evernote constantly refreshing while editing and login problems

Hello, 

I've been using Evernote paid version for a few years. Within the past couple of months, Evernote has been automatically refreshing every few seconds while I'm editing a note, which is very disruptive because it bounces me out of the area I'm editing and I then have to scroll back to find where I was making the edit and start over each time it happens, which is every few seconds. I've tried using Chrome incognito mode as well but this doesn't help. Are there any settings to be adjusted within Evernote to fix this issue? 

On another topic, sometimes I cannot log into Evernote. I"m using Macbook /iOS and Chrome browser (latest version). The message I get from Evernote is that I must update to the latest version of Chrome , or the other option is to revert back to the old version of Evernote. I'm using the most recent/updated version of Chrome. Often times I'll  try loggin into Evernote and just see the spinning wheel icon that it's loading but I'm not able to get in.   Is there any way to fix this issue? 

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*

With two or three different devices having issues,  it sounds as if you may have an issue that is more location driven than app-related.  Do you have a fast internet connection when this occurs,  and is it a home or business issue - ie could there be third-party firewalls involved?

Similar issue; running only local desktop on MACBOOK AIR, M1 CHIP, bought 2021-08, running latest Mac OS (Ventura 13.5). It's when I have a search term active. 

1. first attempt to search on term usually does nothing now; this is only since the past day or 2. 

2. hit "search" again on term or phrase (not within notebook as that brings up the "you no longer have access to this notebook" problem. Serves up list of notes with search string in it.

But when scrolling the list, I'm constantly reset to top of list, which when there are more than 5 or 6 items in the notes served from search, renders it impossible to look at them. Taking out the search term seems to let me view / edit notes without the constant reset. 

Seems like last few months I've experienced more problems with Evernote (paid Evernote Professional) than I had in the entire time 2012 to a few months ago. Is it just me, or is Evernote having more and more issues with just basic functionality?

On 8/1/2023 at 4:55 AM, Sean12122 said:

Within the past couple of months, Evernote has been automatically refreshing every few seconds while I'm editing a note

I’ve had this happen to me a handful of time as well recently — within the past couple of weeks. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'd suggest checking that you have the latest version installed - 10.60 - and if updating doesn't resolve the issue... 

Sign out of Evernote (removing database) / uninstall app with Appcleaner or similar / restart device / download from Evernote.com / reinstall / sign back in (database & indexes will be rebuilt from the server;  takes some time.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 7:34 PM, raojenkins said:

Similar issue; running only local desktop on MACBOOK AIR, M1 CHIP, bought 2021-08, running latest Mac OS (Ventura 13.5). It's when I have a search term active. 

1. first attempt to search on term usually does nothing now; this is only since the past day or 2. 

2. hit "search" again on term or phrase (not within notebook as that brings up the "you no longer have access to this notebook" problem. Serves up list of notes with search string in it.

But when scrolling the list, I'm constantly reset to top of list, which when there are more than 5 or 6 items in the notes served from search, renders it impossible to look at them. Taking out the search term seems to let me view / edit notes without the constant reset. 

Seems like last few months I've experienced more problems with Evernote (paid Evernote Professional) than I had in the entire time 2012 to a few months ago. Is it just me, or is Evernote having more and more issues with just basic functionality?

This is happening to me right now, and it's constant.  I have 300 search results that I'm trying to search through, and I can't get past 20 without the desktop app refreshing and sending me to the top of the list.  It's infuriating.  I pay for this product.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Cperson Rperson said:

I pay for this product.

Hi.  Then you also pay for email Support,  which is not us.  Mainly other users here.

The current desktop version of Evernote is 10.61.5.  Update via http://evernote.com/download/ if you don't got it already.  If the issue persists,  subscribers can raise support queries here -  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.