Losing Data on Notes (need to open Support ticket)

Hamburglar
Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Idea

Hi there! I have been losing data on notes recently. For example, I would add maybe 20 lines of text or code, verify that Evernote saved everything, and then when I close/open Evernote I have maybe 3 lines with a random selection of words typed. I have been trying to open a support ticket, but I am not seeing an easy way to do that now (in years past it I remembered it being really easy). Any suggestions on how to open a support ticket? Thanks! 

8 replies to this idea

agsteele, thank you so much for responding sir! So I've actually tried that a few times (and I just tried it again to verify). When I click on that link it redirects me to a page that says "You have logged out of Evernote." I've attached a screenshot. When I click "Log In" I am then redirected to the Evernote Web client after I authenticate. When I again click that link it takes me back to "You have logged out of Evernote." I have tried on a few browsers just to make sure it that wasn't the issue. Thank you for your help! 

evernote-loggedout.png

That's a great idea! That is exactly what I just did. Thank you so much! I'm curious, are you able to create a support ticket via that link? I wanted to see if it's just something unique to my account. I've actually been trying to create a ticket for at least 1 week. 

agsteele: Having similar issues with Evernote for Windows, notes not updating and losing typed data as hamburglar stated. Also, program is refreshing as if it were a webpage. Support is a joke. I have experienced the same issue hamburglar described, being logged out of Evernote. When I'm able to get off a support request, it is days before a response is received. Eleven year subscriber here. Price is going up but reliability is going down. Airing frustration here.

@agsteeleEven I am facing the issue of losing content on an existing note. I am a premium subscriber. I lost part of the content which I had created on 31st July 2023.

Today 1st Aug 2023 , when I visit the note history, and click on the versions for the date 31st July 2023, I am not able to see part of my content that I had created yesterday.

This is the first time I am facing this after the recent update to 10.59.5. I am with the desktop version. 

I have raised the ticket and sent the activity log to the support / help and learning.

note-info.png

note-history.png

• Evernote Expert

@Hamburglar I can submit a ticket from within the app on my Android phone. It is an interface native to the app not via the Evernote website.

@MarkML1 I'm sorry for your frustration. As fellow users there's little we can do other than commiserate. Support generally takes around 4 days to respond after an initial automated reply. I'm not sure it is helpful to the recipient to direct frustration to the individual.

This happens to me as well all the time - more and more recently. I do not open the notes in a "new window", just work with them with the list of notes in the left bar. 

Then I navigate back and forth between notes, and suddenly, daily, what I wrote just minutes ago is deleted / not there when I return to the note I just updated. 

Daily Evernote user for more than 10 years, so Im not new in the game.