Add new note button - Feature Request

3rrorYT
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Idea

I want to be able to quickly add a new note without having to press the menu (3 dots) and then clicking add new note, or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + N.
Please add a button labled with a (+) that quickly opens a menu with (Add new note) and (Add new task). Or at least have it add a new note.

6 replies to this idea

• Solution
38 minutes ago, 3rrorYT said:

no no i meant like it auto adds the new note in your most recent notebook or a notebook of your choice

Currently the new note is added to the current notebook if you are in a notebook or to your default notebook if you are in "Notes" (that includes most searches). Look at the top of the note list to know where you are. If you want to choose where the note is created you just have to go to the notebook first. 

image.png.6108c40ce44b5ade86be9d95d9c0e640.png

image.png.22b164ba68c245a932be14129f8f5752.png

20 hours ago, Mike P said:

What like this? Double clicking creates a new note or you get options if you single click.

image.png.149508c4a580538a2a29cd26c60e00c2.png

no no i meant like it auto adds the new note in your most recent notebook or a notebook of your choice

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Where exactly are you wanting this button to appear?

like basically the original one but my suggestion basically means make the button better

On 7/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Mike P said:

Currently the new note is added to the current notebook if you are in a notebook or to your default notebook if you are in "Notes" (that includes most searches). Look at the top of the note list to know where you are. If you want to choose where the note is created you just have to go to the notebook first. 

image.png.6108c40ce44b5ade86be9d95d9c0e640.png

image.png.22b164ba68c245a932be14129f8f5752.png

ok