Allow multiple accounts open at the same time in different windows instead of having to switch

YamaBee

Idea

I liked the old version better because I have multiple accounts, and I liked to have both of them open at the same time in different desktop windows, so I could quickly and easily switch between the two and add notes to the correct accounts.  Now with the new version it's slow to transition between accounts because it doesn't let me open a new desktop window.  If I want to keep both accounts open I have to do one on the evernote desktop app, and sign in to my other account on google chrome (or some web browser) and the workflow just isn't the same.   I also don't like now long it takes for the app to switch between accounts.  I was so much faster with the old version, why did it have to take a step backward.  Please allow Multiple accounts open at the same time in different windows instead of having to "switch," or having to use one desktop version and one website version.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

Agreed. This is the only reason I held onto the legacy desktop app for so long. I work with virtual desktops on Windows to separate and quickly switch between work and personal stuff. (apps, browser windows, notes) I guess it's time to move on now.

• Level 5

Open the main account in the installed client, and every additional one in it‘s own browser window (web client).

I wouldn‘t wait for any changes of the behavior of the installed client to run on one account at any time. Maybe they will come one day, but this day is likely rather far away.