Desktop login issues after upgrade

Hello. There were technical problems after the proposed update. Evernote stopped running in the desktop version (I use Windows 7). Performed an uninstall and fresh install of Evernote 10.58.8. The problem hasn't gone away. When trying to run the client program, an error notification window appears - the entry point to the GetPackageFamilyName procedure was not found in the library DLL KERNEL32.dll.

Please help me regain access. Evernote has a lot of working information and projects left. 😞

ScreenShot_20230627004858.jpeg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Windows 7 and 8 are no longer supported by Microsoft and accordingly other packages have withdrawn access - including Electron which is the base code for Evernote.  Your only access from this point will be either to downgrade to Evernote Legacy - which is no longer supported by the company and may stop working in the next few months - or to sign in via Evernote.com which will give you almost complete access in the browser.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the detailed explanations. Before that, in a hurry, I tried to go through the web, but did not carefully search for the entrance. However, it has now succeeded. It's a pity that support for older versions has ended. As for Legacy, I read, but I noticed reports of instability and a promising shutdown of the version. Progress brings surprises. Especially if you don't like changing conservative decisions. That is OK. The main thing is that the content is preserved. I wonder if there are temporary restrictions on storing content in an account if you do not use it for a long time?

• Level 5

Up to now accounts are kept untouched even if they hold a significant amount to data, they run on the Free account level and they are not in use.

However, I would not count on that strategy forever. So make sure there is a working email address related to every dormant account - case of a notification from EN may come one day that the account needs to be activated, or will be erased.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Önniö said:

I wonder if there is an option to export notes and files?

ENEX files don't record notebook metadata,  so export complete notebooks to separate ENEX files if you might restore them to Evernote at some time.  Otherwise there's export to HTML or (I think) PDF,  or certainly there's export or print for one/ many individual notes to PDF,  plus saving attachments.  The method depends on your note content and the intended future use of the exports.

• Thanks 1

I mainly use notes with texts, tables and graphics, occasionally links. There are enough notes. Booking by the piece is quite expensive. Let's try to save the base. It is unfortunate that upgrades, reshuffles, and the complexity of a single redundancy increase the risk of data loss. Always trusted Evernot. It also has other shortcomings (only a three-step tree preview in the notebooks menu, on the left; no icons as markers for notebooks; and not the correct serial number for notebooks in the web version and application - for example, they go like this 5.1↓ 5.2↓5.3↓5.4↓5.5... and then below 5 - however, in the desktop version, it was taken into account in order).

However, that's another story for a separate post. Thank you) 🙏